To gain a clear understanding into the range of ways humans are having a negative impact upon coral reefs.
1. To establish what coral is
2. To determine why coral reefs are important
3. To identify the main threats facing coral reefs
* Lesson plan
* Seven ‘threats to coral reefs’ A4 cards, which should be laminated and stuck up around the room.
* Lower ability worksheet- Threats to the coral reef table.
Clipboards may also be useful.
Lesson 7 of 10 from my new scheme of work on Biogeography/ Ecosystems.
Also works as a stand alone lesson on threats to coral reefs.
Fully differentiated with resources and additional research tasks for lower and higher ability pupils.
This lesson is from a scheme of work that I have written for my Year 8 groups, but it could be easily adapted for Year 7 or 9.
This lesson requires pupils to make use of:
* Life on Earth- episode 9 (the shallow seas)
Three progress checks have been incorporated into this lesson.
It's good to leave some feedback.
Something went wrong, please try again later.
This resource hasn't been reviewed yet
To ensure quality for our reviews, only customers who have purchased this resource can review it
Report this resourceto let us know if it violates our terms and conditions.
Our customer service team will review your report and will be in touch.