1. Introduction to ecosystems
2. How can a salmon become a tree? The nutrient cycle
4. What are the characteristics of tropical rainforests?
5. Climate in tropical rainforests
6. How are animals adapted to life in hot deserts?
7. How are plants adapted to life in hot deserts?
8. Threats facing ecosystems- coral reefs
9. Biogeography end of unit test
10. Unit review lesson
* Detailed lesson plans including regular progress checks
* Powerpoint (52 slides) to accompany lessons, complete with hyperlinks to various websites and videos
* A range of supporting worksheets and differentiated material- each lesson is differentiated for both less and more able students.
You will also require access to:
• Heinemann 'Understanding GCSE Geography for AQA Specification A' (Bowen and Palmister, 2009) text books
• Wider World textbooks (old or new)
• New Basics text book- p.136
• Life on Earth- Episode 8, Jungles, episode 5, Deserts, episode 9- The Shallow Seas
This is one of my favourite units to teach to my year 8 groups, however it could easily be adapted for Year 7 or Year 9.