For students to become familiar with the social and economic changes experienced in two contrasting rural areas.
1. To define key terms
2. To establish the social and economic changes associated with population decline in Truthwall, Cornwall.
3. To investigate the benefits and problems of population growth in Writtle.
* Ppt. to accompany lesson
* Lesson Plan
* Penwith worksheet- A5
* Writtle worksheet –A3 (colour)
* Home Team explanation sheet- A4, colour, laminated for future use
* Investigator- Person number 3 instruction sheet- A4, colour, laminate for future use
* Investigator- Person number 4 instruction sheet- A4, colour, laminate for future use
Lesson 19 of 21 from my new scheme of work on The Changing Economic World for the new AQA GCSE Geography. Can easily work as a stand alone lesson.
This lesson requires students to make use of:
* The new AQA GCSE Hodder text book (Widdowson et al, 2016) - for lower ability differentiated task
* Scissors & glue
* Old GCSE ‘New Edition Understanding GCSE Geography’ For AQA Specification A – Bowen and Pallister (2009) Heinemann- p.178 & 179.
* Atlases may be useful.
* Access to four computers/ own devices.
* Post-it notes/ plain paper cut to size for person 3 & 4 to fit their sections of the A3 worksheet.
Differentiated with tasks for lower ability students.
Three progress checks have been incorporated into this lesson.
Homework task included.