To gain a clear understanding as to the relationship between climate and vegetation in tropical rainforests.
1. To explain the climate of tropical rainforests.
2. To analyse the climatic characteristics of the tropical rainforest.
3. To investigate ways in which plants have adapted to the climate here.
PowerPoint presentation including hyperlinks to video clips
Lower ability helpsheet- convectional rainfall diagram. Photocopy this as a handout with 4 slides per page to save paper.
Lesson 5 of 10 from my new scheme of work on Biogeography/ Ecosystems.
Also works as a stand alone lesson on the climate of tropical rainforests.
Fully differentiated with resources and additional research tasks for lower and higher ability pupils.
This lesson is from a scheme of work that I have written for my Year 8 groups, but it could be easily adapted for Year 7 or 9.
This lesson requires pupils to make use of:
• New Basics text book- p.136
• Heinemann 'Understanding GCSE Geography for AQA Specification A' (Bowen and Palmister, 2009) text book.
• Life on Earth- Episode 8, Jungles (4:35-10:30 mins)
Three progress checks have been incorporated into this lesson.
It's good to leave some feedback.
Something went wrong, please try again later.
This resource hasn't been reviewed yet
To ensure quality for our reviews, only customers who have purchased this resource can review it
Report this resourceto let us know if it violates our terms and conditions.
Our customer service team will review your report and will be in touch.