1. A 50 question PowerPoint quiz on Black History Month (African-American Month) celebrated in the UK in October and the USA in February. It is an ideal resource for an October assembly or for use in tutor time.
2. A fully editable, simple text, 75 slide PowerPoint presentation on Black History Month
The PowerPoint quiz contains 50 questions with 3 multiple choice answers. It can be administered in a variety of ways - to individuals or teams. Answers can be given either as you go through the quiz or at the end. An answer sheet is provided to record answers.
1. Where can most black Americans trace back their original roots to?
2. What was the name of the operation that helped slaves escape to the North of America during the mid-1800s?
3. Who refused to give up her seat to a white passenger?
4. Which British Member of Parliament, led the anti-slavery movement in the UK?
5. What was the name of the anti-slavery book written by American author, Harriet Beecher Stowe?
There are also picture questions on famous African-Americans.
The PowerPoint contains references to:
- The History of Black History Month
- The Slave Trade
- The Abolition of Slavery
- The Civil Rights Movement
- Influential people in the civil rights movement - Rosa Parks Harriet Tubman, Martin Luther King, Nelson Mandela
- Significant events - The Great March on Washington, salute at 1968 Olympics, Civil War
- The debate about 'Black History Month'
The PowerPoint also contains hyperlinks to Bob Marley's 'Buffalo Soldiers,' Martin Luther's 'I have a dream' speech, Nelson Mandela's story and interview with Morgan Freeman explaining why he does not want a Black History Month.
A more detailed version of the PowerPoint, appropriate for older students, is also available:
Black History Month
Thinking of publishing your own resources or already an author and want to improve your resources and sales? Check out this step-by-step guide:
How to Become a Successful TES Author: Step-by-Step Guide
It's good to leave some feedback.
Something went wrong, please try again later.
This resource hasn't been reviewed yet
To ensure quality for our reviews, only customers who have purchased this resource can review it
Report this resourceto let us know if it violates our terms and conditions.
Our customer service team will review your report and will be in touch.