Celebrate Chinese New Year 2018, The Year of The Dog, with colour, imagination and fun!
This detailed creative Chinese New Year Art activity pack has been designed to enthuse and engage children in a fun, experimental way. The templates and activities aim to encourage the exploration of colour, shape, abstract pattern and graphic design whilst also providing Chinese New Year themed decor for the classroom or home.
Use this range of creative activities throughout the festival period, for full art lessons, early finishers, fun stuff or creative homework.
All ready to print and go' templates are formatted to print on US/A4 paper and only a simple range of art materials are needed - pencils, felt tips, oil pastels, glue, paints, string for garlands
This 45 page pack includes:
1. Garlands to cut out and hang:
Happy Chinese New Year 2018
Lantern bunting (includes colour your own and ready to hang)
2. Year of the Dog, a colouring and card making activity
3. Rooster activities, with templates and examples:
A feathered/oil pastel rooster
A 'hidden' geometric rooster
A folk art inspired doodle rooster
3. Make a swirling snake mobile, with template and photographed example
4. Beautiful blossom projects:
Make blossom bookmarks
Oil pastel large blossom group art
Blossom doodle page
Finger print blossom branch activity - which can be made into a Chinese lantern
5. Design a Chinese Bowl and chopsticks activity, describe the foods inside
6. Chinese Boys and Girls traditional costumes
Have fun designing patterns for these outfits - what would you wear?
7. Doodle dragon template and example
8. Chinese fan design
4 templates and pattern sheets to explore
I hope you enjoy this activity pack! I've certainly enjoyed creating it - all images are original and have been hand drawn or computer generated by me.
Sample my art projects here with my Free Year of the Dog activity available in this shop.