These activities are aimed at key stage 3 students. They could also be used as revision for GCSE students.
The pack contains GCSE foundation style questions including standard form, ratio, number work, fractions, algebra and much more. Answers are included.
Each round consists of four questions.
- Print the slides 8 to 13 on A4 paper and place one printed slide per table
- Put students into pairs (either by choice or teacher selection)
- Each are given a copy of slide 14 and a few sheets of pieces of A4 paper.
- The pairs are designated a starting table and the timer (slide 2) is started.
- The students are then given 5 minutes to answer the four questions on that table.
- Once the five minutes is up the students move clockwise to the next table and start the next set of four questions and the
timer of slide 3 is started.
- This continues until all students have completed each set of questions.
- The exercise should take no longer than 30 minutes
- At the end students remain at their final table and swap answer sheets with the nearest table.
- Go through each question with the class before revealing the answers.
- Finally, students ad up their score and the highest score gets a prize!
This exercise gives students a chance to try GCSE style foundation questions and see a demonstration on how they should be answered.
Get this resource as part of a bundle and save up to 62%
A bundle is a package of resources grouped together to teach a particular topic, or a series of lessons, in one place.
Christmas activities bundle
Ideal Mathematics topics with a Christmas theme for the end of term, whilst still being educational. Good to motivate all students of all ages in the last two weeks of term. This work is suitable for both KS2 and KS3 students and also GCSE students studying Foundation Mathematics.
It's good to leave some feedback.
Something went wrong, please try again later.
This resource hasn't been reviewed yet
To ensure quality for our reviews, only customers who have purchased this resource can review it
Report this resourceto let us know if it violates our terms and conditions.
Our customer service team will review your report and will be in touch.