This product contains four reading comprehension passages with questions and activities about the nativity story. This resource can complement your work about Christmas or use it as a review/additional work to consolidate students’ knowledge about the birth of Jesus.
A. The Christmas story is told simply and can be used in guided reading.
• Reading passage with pictures subdivided under three headings with reading comprehension questions.
- Paragraph 1: The Angel Visits Mary – 3 questions.
- Paragraph 2: Jesus is Born – 3 questions.
- Paragraph 3: The Shepherds and the Wise Men – 3 questions.
B. The Christmas Story is divided in parts (more able readers).
• Reading Comprehension Part 1: 6 questions.
• Reading Comprehension Part 2: 5 questions and cloze activity.
• Reading Comprehension Part 3: 4 questions and a tick box question.
Answer Sheets Included.
You could retell the Christmas story and then elicit from the students what they can remember. Highlight the key words in the reading comprehension papers then handout the work.
Students could in pairs and read through the passages and then answer the questions.
Thank you for visiting my shop:)