This bundle includes full lessons and resources for all 15 poems in the new Edexcel Conflict Poetry Cluster for the 9-1 GCSE exam.
Buying them in this bundle saves over 50% compared to buying the poems separately!
Poems covered include:
• Half-Caste - John Agard
• Catrin - Gillian Clarke
• War Photographer - Carole Satyamurti
• The Class Game - Mary Casey
• No Problem – Benjamin Zephaniah
• What Were They Like? - Denise Levertov
• Belfast Confetti - Ciaran Carson
• Poppies - Jane Weir
• A Poison Tree William Blake
• The Charge of the Light Brigade - Alfred Tennyson
• Extract from The Prelude - William Wordsworth
• The Man He Killed - Thomas Hardy
• Cousin Kate - Christina Rossetti
• Exposure - Wilfred Owen
• The Destruction of Sennacherib - Lord Byron
I have also included a learning mat that can be used as a homework menu to supplement their in-class learning and a RAG rated grid for in their exercise books.
I would highly recommend teaching ‘Extract from the Prelude’ before ‘The Destruction of Sennacherib’ as the former covers the basics of the Romantic Poets.
Likewise, I would suggest teaching ‘The Class Game’ before ‘The Man He Killed’ as the first explores the conventions of Dramatic Monologues.
If you find that any of the video links don’t work, please don’t hesitate to contact me and I’ll send you them directly.