Welcome to Word Birds, a weekly lesson and resources to build higher-level vocabulary in your Year 7 students.
These weekly lessons include the following:
• a single word plus definition as a PDF designed to be printed as a poster and displayed in your room
• a PowerPoint slide to accompany the poster, with an example of how to use the word in a sentence
• 6 entertaining task cards to get your students using the word in a variety of ways including my trademark comic strip!
• a Word Bird helpsheet explaining the differences between verbs, adjectives, nouns and adverbs.
• a record sheet to go in student exercise books to help them keep track of the words they have learnt.
Most school years run for 38 weeks, but I’ve included 40 words in case you don’t fancy using any of them or you want to use them on other occasions too.
40 slide in PowerPoint in British English
40-page PDF of words plus definitions for student handouts or posters
6 mini task cards
1 record sheet
1 help sheet to be used as a student handout.
NOTE: This set will be followed with Word Birds for years 8-12 shortly, along with a complete bundle of all six sets!
This product is for personal and classroom use. It is NOT for resale or any other commercial purposes.