This bundle includes both my year 7 and year 8 Computer Systems units of work!
What you will learn within the year 7 unit of work:
- To show understanding of the difference between input and output devices with suitable examples.
- To understand the difference between internal and external devices with suitable examples.
- To describe the different types of storage: Magnetic, Optical and Solid State.
- To understand the role and purpose of the CPU and the relationship with RAM (Fetch-Execute Cycle).
- To show an understanding of an embedded system including suitable examples.
What you will learn within the year 8 unit of work:
- Explain factors affecting CPU performance.
- Clock Speed
- Cache Size
- Number of Cores
- RAM, ROM and Virtual Memory – understanding of differences between volatile and non-volatile memory.
- Explain factors affecting secondary storage.
- Understand the Fetch – Execute Cycle.
Both units of work include a range of information and activities to develop student knowledge and understanding of computer systems.
A final assessment is also included.
Teacher answer powerpoints for both units of work are also included.
**Please leave a review!