New Google Sites is the ideal platform to learn how to make your first website – with an easy and intuitive layout a learner can design a website without coding in a short amount of time.
A comprehensive introductory unit (4 – 5 weeks) to teach learners how to make a website with the new Google Sites. There are step by step instructions in a booklet on how to create a website that is of a professional standard.
Skills learnt from this unit would enable the learner to create other websites of personal or professional nature like an e-portfolio, online resume, photography showcase, business website etc.
No teacher prep necessary. Teacher directed learning would be best but this unit is suitable for self-paced learning. Learner needs digital access to google drive and the internet. Activity booklet can be printed.
Pre-Requisites: Competent computer skills, experience with google drive, website attributes and the internet would be desirable. Competent reading skills with ability to follow instructions is required for this unit. Google Chrome or Mozilla browsers for creating the site.
Student Activity Booklet
- Overview of Google sites
- Look at websites that have been made using google sites
- Learn the screen layout, menus and tools available in Google Sites
- Use themes
- Create pages for a website using various layouts and tools
- Use editing, viewing and publish mode
- Create a favicon, add logo, add banners, add pictures
- Check site readability
- Add a header, footer and top or side menu for navigation
- Add text boxes, image carousel, button, map and enquiry form
- Use a variety of layouts to webpage sections
- Change section backgrounds, add dividers, add links to button and pictures
- Create a food menu using online software and embed in the website
- Use Google Forms to create an inquiry form and embed it into the website
- Learn about the settings in Google sites
- Add banner to the website pages
- Publish the website – use the search function
- Check site for usability on phone, tablet, laptop or desktop
- Use the search function
- Use the enquiry form
- View the source code
- Unpublish the site
Sample Solution for website
Copyright Tech 4 All. All rights reserved by author. This product is to be used by the original downloader only. Copying for more than one teacher, classroom, department, school, or educational provider is prohibited. It is for use for one teacher for one class only. If you wish to use it again you must buy it again or purchase multiple copies. Tech 4 All is an independent publisher and is neither affiliated with, nor authorized, sponsored, or approved by, Microsoft Corporation.
It's good to leave some feedback.
Something went wrong, please try again later.
This resource hasn't been reviewed yet
To ensure quality for our reviews, only customers who have purchased this resource can review it
Report this resourceto let us know if it violates our terms and conditions.
Our customer service team will review your report and will be in touch.