FREE DOWNLOAD Quick Start Guide and Preview for DOUBLE HELIX - THE DISCOVERY lesson.
DOUBLE HELIX explores the discovery of the double helix. It is best suited for G.C.S.E and I.G.C.S.E students. Lesson activities explore the roles of Rosalind Franklin, James Watson, Francis Crick and others. Students are also asked to make a simple interpretation of an x-ray crystallography image (drawn by The Natural Scientist).
DOUBLE HELIX - THE DISCOVERY lesson includes:
- Interactive workbook with original and custom drawn diagrams.
- Animated Power Point slides integrated with workbook (including answers).
- Supplementary resources including a two page article on the discovery (written by The Natural Scientist).
- Teacher’s Notes with comprehensive details of lesson plan.
NOTE A FREE Quick Start Guide can be downloaded.
This lesson, and all others in the series (see below), has been designed to encourage the development of good thinking skills.
There are 8 lessons in the Deep Think Biology series:
- DNA STRUCTURE
- DISCOVERY OF THE DOUBLE HELIX
- CHROMOSOME STRUCTURE
- GENES CODE FOR PROTEINS
- GENETIC CODE
- PROTEIN SYNTHESIS
- PROTEIN FUNCTION
- DNA REPLICATION