This complete lesson on electron configuration, shells, sub-shells and orbitals features a 46 slide interactive PowerPoint including starter, animated slides, learning checks and plenary along with a 15 page worksheet and a lesson plan. Answers to all exercises are provided.
This lesson is part of a series covering the OCR AS Chemistry specification.
• Energy levels
• Main shells, sub-shells and orbitals
• Rules for filling orbitals
• Electron configurations of atoms and ions
• Deducing electron configuration using the Periodic Table
• Relationship of electron configuration to the Periodic Table
Duration: 1 lesson
Previous lesson: topic 13 – Redox (in preparation)
Next lesson: topic 15 – Ionic bonding (in preparation)