This is a reading comprehension activity. The reading covers three pages with a word count (including title) of 648 words. The topic relates to Epiphany, i.e. what it means and some of the countries that celebrate this Christian festival. There are 17 questions and tasks for students to do and they include finding evidence in the text, spelling, grammar and word work.
Students read the first two pages and then as additional work they can go straight onto reading page three with additional activities.
To begin the lesson, find out what students know about Epiphany and how it relates to the Christmas story before handing out the reading comprehension.
- You can use this resource for guided reading.
- Students can work in pairs or individually to answer the questions and tasks.
- Teacher’s Copy of the reading comprehension
- Student’s copy with the first task of correcting the first paragraph which contains 16 errors.
- Reading comprehension with 17 questions and activities
- Specimen answer sheet
- Word Search with Solution
In addition to writing full sentences, the work covers:
- Putting list of countries into alphabetical order
- Making words singular or plural
This is optional if you would like the students to watch a video on the meaning of Epiphany - I have suggested three websites which you can look at to go with the reading comprehension.
Thank you for visiting my shop.