A complete package for teaching how to multiply by five.
Step counting, Visual Animated Grouping, Arrays, Flashcards, Tips and Tricks.
All accessible from a main menu linking to each of the following elements:
1) Step counting hands (0-100)
2) Step counting flashcard (0-200)
3) Visal animated grouping of objects (1x5 upto 10x5) using ice-cream, balloons, fidget spinners, coffee cups, etc. - Make a story to go with the visual
4) Arrays of dots with accompanying sums
5) Flashcards of sums in order, then another slide out of order.
6) See product:give sum flashcards (i.e students see answer e.g. 25 and give sum e.g 5x5), 2 versions
7) click-to-show missing answer multiplication wheels (9 versions)
8) Slide that clearly shows "the answer always ends in a zero or a five" with two fix units and flying in and out sums and tens numbers.
9) Visual explanation of the "Multiply by Ten and Halve it" trick: unifix cubes of x5 shown with confused smiley, then unifix cubes showing x10 shown with a happy smiley, which are in turn covered to show that students can think times ten and then halve the answer to get the x5 answer.
10) "Multiply by Ten and Halve it" extension flashcard trick to reinforce the strategy.
Can be used at Key Stage 1 as an introduction to multiplication and even at Key Stage 2 to develop and reinforce multiplication skills.
Hope that teachers find it useful, and that students enjoy it and find it fun and helpful.