Included are: Interactive Math PowerPoint Task Cards and Test Prep—to reinforce students’ practice and mastery of 5.NBT.1 Recognize that in a multi-digit number, a digit in one place represents 10 times as much as it represents in the place to its right and 1/10 of what it represents in the place to its left.
This will EXCITE and ENGAGE your students!
The feedback from TpT teachers and my fellow teachers at school, who use these grade-level interactive sets of task cards, state that kids are engaged and enthused; that the students are focused on the screen, calculating the problems, helping one another with the answers, laughing at the images and animations, and most of all – TALKING OUT LOUD ABOUT MATH.
We call it the “WOW” factor!
• Interactive, animated PowerPoint designed for computer/doc camera and Smart Boards.
• No Prep format: Plug in computer and go.
• 40 Word Problems in two sets of 20 each to promote fluency, collaboration and accountable talk.
• Also included are the same 40 Word Problems in two sets of 20 each without answers for test review, individual or small group practice.
• Adherence to state and district standards.
NOTE: This PowerPoint Tasks Cards resource is designed to be used in the Slide Show View. Please follow the instructions on slide.
These classroom-tested products have generated excellent feedback. A quote: “I couldn’t believe how engaged the kids were in talking about math.” They support research and best practices.
You will see your students become participants as they problem-solve and receive instant reinforcement on correct thinking about math.
The 40 word problems progressively develop 10 times the value or 1/10 the value of multi-digit numbers, and clarify the entire 5.NBT.1
• I can name place values of numbers through 1,000,000.
• I can determine that a digit represents ten times what it would be in the place to its right and one-tenth to its left.
• I can identify place values in decimals.
• I can perform operations with place value.
• I can use place values to solve word problems.
Copyright © Classaroundthecorner.com. All rights reserved by author. This product is to be used by the original purchaser only. Copying for more than one teacher, classroom, department, school, or school system is prohibited.
We want you to be satisfied with our products and we make sure we do everything in our power to provide you with quality resources. Any issues, suggestions, questions please email: Classaroundthecorner@gmail.com.
Check out other resources at my store at https://www.tes.com/teaching-resources/shop/classaroundthecorner.