Grade 5 Math Interactive Test Prep – Superpowers of Ten 5.NBT.2
Included are: Interactive Math PowerPoint Task Cards and Test Prep—to reinforce students’ practice and mastery of 5.NBT.2 Explain patterns in the number of zeros of the product when multiplying a number by powers of 10, and explain patterns in the placement of the decimal point when a decimal is multiplied or divided by a power of 10. Use whole-number exponents to denote powers of 10.
This will EXCITE and ENGAGE your students!
The feedback from TpT teachers and my fellow teachers at school, who use these grade-level interactive sets of task cards, state that kids are engaged and enthused; that the students are focused on the screen, calculating the problems, helping one another with the answers, laughing at the images and animations, and most of all – TALKING OUT LOUD ABOUT MATH.
We call it the “WOW” factor!
• Interactive, animated PowerPoint designed for computer/doc camera and Smart Boards.
• No Prep format: Plug in computer and go.
• 40 Word Problems in two sets of 20 each to promote fluency, collaboration and accountable talk.
• Also included are the same 40 Word Problems in two sets of 20 each without answers for test review, individual or small group practice.
• Adherence to state and district standards.
NOTE: This PowerPoint Tasks Cards resource is designed to be used in the Slide Show View. Please follow the instructions on slide.
Open the preview and try out the engaging problem-solving tasks with eye-catching visuals.
These classroom-tested products have generated excellent feedback. A quote: “I couldn’t believe how engaged the kids were in talking about math.” They support research and best practices.
The 40 word problems progressively develop the superpowers of ten, and clarify the entire 5.NBT.2
• I can represent powers of 10 using whole number exponents (103 = 10 x 10 x 10 = 1000)
• I can explain patterns when multiplying a number by powers of 10.
• I can explain the relationship in the placement of the decimal point when a decimal is multiplied or divided by powers of 10.
Copyright © Classaroundthecorner.com. All rights reserved by author. This product is to be used by the original purchaser only.
We want you to be satisfied with our products and we make sure we do everything in our power to provide you with quality resources. Any issues, suggestions, questions please email: Classaroundthecorner@gmail.com.
Check out other resources at my store at https://www.tes.com/teaching-resources/shop/classaroundthecorner.