A set of task cards for pairs balances and routines and an A4 differentiated resource card (with around 50 balances) students can use to copy the paired balances from. Easiest to hardest: Green, Yellow, Red, Purple
I would only suggest purple and red to those that are really competent gymnasts and have done some sports acro before - otherwise support would be required.
If you want lesson plans for pair routines check out my SOW here!
The tasks take students through how to match and mirror individual balances and matching and mirroring independently. They also included tasks that use the pair balances resource sheet:
- Students select and practice
- Find ways of getting into and out of the balances
- Linking 2 pair balances together
- Developing their own balances from pair or base positions given
- Creating a short sequence
Recommendations for use:
- Give each group a copy of the resource and they can self differentiate
- Give each group a copy and give them a colour to try based on their ability
- Ask students to pick a balance and change one of the positions to create a new balance and show the class
- Get students to adapt the balances for apparatus
Need other gymnastics balances? Click here