This is a slide presentation which explain how to make a fold out sketchbook and then gives tasks in each of the folds to do to make a creative sketchbook. Students will need to follow the slides and be selective what they would like to do in each of their 16 blocks of their A2 paper.
The slide presentation has a lesson plan, a set of notes which need to be copied for the lesson and some collage sheets which need to be copied for students. It is a good year 9 project and can link to Self-identity project.
Students enjoy making this interesting special fold out little booklet.
1.Discover what it is to be creative and how to apply this
2. Make a fold out sketchbook
3. Use ideas, thoughts, pictures and prompts to be creative.
4. Use collage and drawing techniques.
5. Learn about Keri Smith as a contemporary illustrator and Guerrilla artist and her ideas to prompt creativity
Some CREATIVE ACTIVITIES - Good homework project tasks as well to set.
Make a SMALL ART JOURNAL based on KERI SMITH.
YOU COULD TRY complete A RECTANGLE OF YOUR A2 SHEET EACH DAY
These are some of the tasks…
1. Draw something interesting
2. Draw what makes me feel ‘calm’
3. Draw what is a ‘happy place’ and write words that make you happy
4. Draw the people I meet on a day
5. Frame a drawing
6. Do Zentangles (DOODLES)
7. Make visual thoughts – a ‘thought garden’
8. Paste the ‘Blue frame’ and draw a beautiful scene in the frame
9. Draw on a shopping label, date and paste this.
10. Paste the television picture and then draw a picture in the TV.
11. Draw over the wall-paper (graffiti)
12. Paste the picture of the window frame and draw in the window
13. Draw to the sound of music and something that is loud.
14. Draw the family and friends I meet
15. Draw my hand and write down in the hand everything I touch for the day
16. Draw a pencil on a crushed piece of paper (Crush it) and paste this in
17. Transform the stone texture picture and turn it into something else.
…see other activities
HAVE FUN! AND ENJOY BEING CREATIVE
1. Create a drawing booklet to take home for the summer
2. Show the ability to use ideas, pictures, thoughts to generate a drawing
3. Show an ability to collage and to combine this with drawings.
4. Presentation of drawing ideas in the booklet
5. Understanding of layering and juxtaposing concepts to generate ideas
6. Exercising and opening the mind to new ideas like Keri Smith.
A2 white cartridge paper
Eraser and sharpeners
Discuss students have achieved? Review creativity?