• Learning Objectives
To reflect on examples of copies of drawings of different artists and illustrators and analyse the formal elements: shapes, tone, form, lines, texture, and marks.
• To investigate and interpret a variety of selected artists and discuss their sense of place of human form
• To study drawings with reference to their visual literacy and the formal elements (tone, texture, colour, line, form).
• To discover the different mark making skills of a number of different artists.
• To research, investigate and develop ideas in a personal way on an A2 sheet.
To develop a visual work of practical responses with annotations.
In this task students are to analyse the drawing styles of particular artists and begin to interpret these different artist’s styles in drawings of their own. Students use the formal elements to analyse the artists and develop drawings of human form as a response with annotations.
• Students draw the hand/feet in particular signatures of a selection of artists.
• To reflect on examples of copies of drawings of different artists and illustrators and analyse the formal elements: shapes, tone, form, lines, texture, and marks.
• Try to use different drawing techniques as highlighted by the masters.
This is a good start to critical contextual analysis and gets students to look at a number of artists and develops their visual analysis skills .