This visually appealing knowledge organiser helps pupils revise the network topologies, protocols and layers section of the GCSE in Computer Science. Written originally for OCR Computer Science (J276), it is also suitable for helping pupils revise for other exam boards.
One PDF document contains the knowledge organiser and the second PDF document includes tips of revision techniques allowing pupils to pick a technique they prefer. Once they have revised the topic, they can attempt the 4 mark exam practice question on the second sheet and mark it themselves using the mark scheme included.
This resource makes an ideal homework task, can be used as part of a lesson or given to pupils to help them with their exam revision.
- Star and mesh network topologies
- WiFi frequency and channels
- IP addressing and MAC addressing
- TCP/IP, HTTP, HTTPS, FTP, POP, IMAP and SMTP protocols
- The concept of the 4 layer TCP/IP protocol layers
- Packet switching
For a high-quality PDF student workbook that includes detailed theory, tasks and the answers visit https://www.tes.com/teaching-resource/network-topologies-protocols-and-layers-11937035
Check out these other great revision knowledge organisers by Nichola Wilkin (nwilkin):
- Systems Architecture
- Memory & Storage
- Wired & Wireless Networks
- System Security
- System Software
- Ethical, Legal, cultural & Environmental Concerns
- Programming Techniques
- Producing Robust Programs
- Computational Logic
- Translators & Facilities of Languages
- Data Representation