A ready to use lesson plan that presents teaching and learning resources on non-chronological report writing.
After completing this lesson, the students will be able to:
- Comment on a writer’s use of language, demonstrating awareness of its impact on the reader.
- Write non-chronological reports linked to work in other subjects.
- Use paragraphs, sequencing and linking them appropriately to support overall development.
This download includes:
- Vocabulary Overview - Non-chronological Report
- Real Life Application and Cross-Curriculum Links
- Flipped Lesson Part - Video
- Success Criteria - Reporting Checklist
- Lesson Starter: Identifying the report types of the given reports.
- Features of Formal and Informal Writing
- Features of Non-Chronological Report
- Planning a Non-Chronological Report
- Pair-Share: Identifying the reports as formal or informal.
- Think-Write: Answering questions on given report.
- Write-Share: Preparing a report based on the given diagram…
Mini-Plenary: 3 Online Quizzes
Differentiated Tasks: Demonstrating knowledge of reporting in writing.
Extensions: Making a research to write a report.
Plenary: Answering multiple choice questions on non-chronological report writing.
Home Learning: Providing sample reports based on criteria given.
Common Core Standards: ELA-Literacy-Writing - 6-8.1a-e/4/7
Skills: Social and Cognitive
Here are some possible uses for these in your classroom:
- To challenge early finishers
- For effective tutoring
- As ESL stations and sub tubs
- As holiday work and homework
- For small group collaborations
- For an end of unit assessments
- For reinforcement and enrichment