Never be stuck for an assembly in October again! Ideal for last minute assemblies, unexpected tutor group time and for supply teachers. This resource contains an informative and fully editable 120 slide PowerPoint presentation on the month of October. It could be used for a one-off assembly, series of assemblies or for lessons/tutor activities.
The PowerPoint includes:
• How October got its name, things associated with October – flowers, Zodiac signs
• Special Days – Sukkot Festival, Hindu Festival Navaratri, Black History Month, National Poetry Day, World Conker Championship, British summer time ends, World Space Week, Punky Night, Yom Kippur, Columbus Day, Day of German Unity, St Francis Day, St Edward’s Day, World Food Day, St Luke’s, St Crispin’s and St Jude’s Day, Halloween
• Notable Birthdays - Julie Andrews, Ghandi, Kate Winslet, Desmond Tutu, Putin, Simon Cowell, John Lennon, Henry Heinz, Pavarotti, Margaret Thatcher, Paul Simon, Roger Moore, Eisenhower, Ralph Lauren, Virgil, Oscar Wilde, Eminem, Martina Navratilova, Christopher Wren, Snoop Dogg, Alfred Nobel, Kim Kardashian, Pelé, Rooney, Picasso, Katy Perry, Roosevelt, Dylan Thomas, Bill Gates, Keats
• Inventions, Discoveries, Launches - Walt Disney World launch, CD player, McDonald’s opened in London, Model T car, Gregorian Calendar, Orient Express, Winnie-the-Pooh published, Walt Disney Company founded, 1st broadcast of Blue Peter,1st British Open Golf, Tolkien’s Fellowship of the Ring and Return of the King published, Edison’s light bulb, iPod launch, UN founded, 1st performance of Mozart’s Don Giovanni, Red Cross founded, Adventures of Sherlock Holmes published
• Notable Events and Happenings – Concorde’s 1st and last flight, last hovercraft trip, Orville Wright’s 33 min flight, Jarrow March, William Tyndale executed, Post Office Tower opened, Savoy Theatre opened, London Bridge reopened in Arizona, Apollo 7 launched, Columbus landed in America, Battle of Hastings, James Hines sub 10 second 100m, Martin Luther King Nobel Peace Prize, Gorbachev Nobel Peace Prize, Houses of Parliament fire, Mother Teresa , Beamon’s world record long jump, Battle of Trafalgar, Charge of the Light Brigade, Battle of Agincourt, Gunfight at O.K. Corral, last case of smallpox, Ali won 1st pro boxing match, Warof the Worlds broadcast, Houdini died
The PowerPoint also contains hyperlinks to Lennon’s Imagine, Beaman’s long jump, Sputnik 1 and Apollo 7 launches, Pavarotti’s O Sole Mio, Pauls Simons Graceland, James Hines sub 10 sec 100 m and War of the World’s broadcast.
Thinking of publishing your own resources? Check out this step-by-step guide.