A set of 10 ready to use worksheets with answers on persuasive writing.
After working with these worksheets students will be able to:
- Gain knowledge of the persuasive techniques.
- Apply authorial technique of persuasion to present arguments in speaking and writing.
- Analyse author’s use of persuasive language and its impact in writing.
- Demonstrate command of the conventions of persuasion in writing.
This download includes worksheets on:
- Matching persuasive techniques with their meanings.
- Using persuasive techniques to convince customers.
- Identifying persuasive techniques used in a persuasive paragraph.
- Choosing a topic to write a persuasive paragraph.
- Demonstrating the skill of persuasion in writing.
- Answering multiple choice questions on persuasive writing.
- Identifying the elements and indicators of a persuasive paragraph.
- Selecting a topic sentence that best introduces the paragraph.
- Reading a persuasive paragraph to answer the given questions.
- Thinking of creative titles for the given short persuasive paragraphs.
Here are some possible uses for these in your classroom:
- To challenge early finishers
- For effective tutoring
- As ESL stations and sub tubs
- As holiday work and homework
- For small group collaborations
- For an end of unit assessments
- For reinforcement and enrichment