• Step by step guide in how to conduct and lead this mini-lesson.
• A link to an online text for students to read about the various defense mechanisms
• PowerPoint set of notes for whole group instruction that includes a definition and example of the 8 major defense mechanisms.
• Follow up activity for student engagement and reinforcement.
• 16 question worksheet to use for assessing student understanding. This worksheet has 16 different scenarios that students will have to match with the appropriate defense mechanism. (For example: _________ After he is disciplined by his parents, Mikey tends to bully and tease his younger brother and sister.) Answer key is included.
The 8 defense mechanisms studied are: denial, regression, repression, sublimation, reaction formation, rationalization, projection, and displacement.
It's good to leave some feedback.
Something went wrong, please try again later.
This resource hasn't been reviewed yet
To ensure quality for our reviews, only customers who have purchased this resource can review it
Report this resourceto let us know if it violates our terms and conditions.
Our customer service team will review your report and will be in touch.