Create your very own economics classroom economy with this CLA$$ONOMIC$ activity simulation. Students love the chance to be an entrepreneur by owning items in the classroom, charging students usage fees, and having opportunities to make money by applying for classroom jobs. This economic simulation will help reinforce various economic concepts that are already being studied within your economics, government or math classes. CLA$$ONOMIC$ has been such a great tool in helping students understand real-world scenarios such as credits, debits, rental costs, ownership, and more. It even helps improve student’s math skills. Economic concepts experienced in this simulation include: capitalism, entrepreneurship, ownership, supply, demand, scarcity, addition, subtraction, scarcity, costs, benefits, and other market economic principles.
CLA$$ONOMIC$ is meant to run alongside your current classroom curriculum and procedures. This activity will not replace any lessons, rather it will only enhance your current instructional materials. I know you and your students will come to love CLA$$ONOMIC$ as it is a highlight for my students. Thanks for your comments and ratings! Enjoy!
- Detailed teacher instructions
- Student instruction handout
- Job application forms
- Ownership application forms
- Police officer log
- Classroom fines and offenses form
- Student grand totals form
- Student transaction log form
- Teacher documentation forms to keep track of all aspects
- Sample examples are included for all aspects of the simulation to help understand how the simulation works.