This lesson allows pupils to create and amend simple two-dimensional lists in Python. This lesson is suitable for KS3 computing and GCSE 9-1 computer science pupils.
It includes an attractive dyslexia friendly PowerPoint presentation that includes differentiated lesson objectives, 2 videos to teach key skills and lots of practical programming practice. It also includes a comprehensive teacher’s lesson plan including the answers to all the programming challenges.
Please note: This lesson does assume the pupils are confident with using basic programming constructs of sequence, selection (if statements) and iteration (while and for loops) and creating simple lists.
Duration: 1 lesson
This lesson teaches pupils about:
- Creating simple 2D lists
- Displaying the list
- Displaying the list with each item on a separate line
- Displaying single items in a list
- Adding data to the end of a list
- Inserting data into a specific position in the list
- Altering data in a list
- Removing data from a list