Rob-Bot! is a fun and exciting card game that also helps develop your Computational Thinking skills!
Rob-Bot! consists of a pack of 57 playing cards, each of which contains 8 different characters or objects (there are 57 characters and objects to find in total). Each card contains one character or object which matches to one in every other card in the pack.
Normal game (2-4 players)
- Deal out all the cards.
- The player to the left of the dealer starts by placing down their card
- The other player(s) must identify a character or object that is both on the card that has been placed down and their own card.
- Once identified, the player must state which character or object is the same and place down the card.
- The player who gets rid of cards the first wins.
How does Rob-Bot! develop Computational Thinking skills?
- Decomposition: Identifying specific characters and objects on the cards.
- Pattern Recognition: Searching for and finding the same character or object on your card and the card in play.
- Abstraction: Dismissing and filtering out characters and objects on your card that don’t match those on the card in play.
- Algorithm Design: Develop and refine the technique of searching for and identifying the matching characters and objects.
Use Rob-Bot! to develop keywords in the following topic areas:
- Computational thinking
- Computer systems
- Algorithm design
- Embedded systems
- Logic gates
This resource includes a PDF which includes all the cards and instructions on how to print.
Suitable for ages 6+