This pack has been developed to help children with their school work and prepare them for National Tests. The activities will build confidence and knowledge in essential literacy skills, and are designed to provide practical support to prepare for National Tests. The activities in this pack are aligned to the English and Welsh National Curricula Programmes of Study for English (writing – spelling, punctuation and grammar). They are also suitable for wider use in any classroom where spelling, punctuation and grammar are being taught.
Suitable for children learning English as an additional or second language.
The pack comprises of 34 pages of activities, including:
- spot the spelling error, which helps children to develop their editing skills using phonic knowledge and known spelling rules
- syllable work
- working out the spelling rule for -ie or -ei
- punctuation revision
- contractions and use of apostrophe
- a final challenge which tests how well they understand the concepts explored in the pack
- a certificate
- answer keys where applicable