To successfully research a range of management strategies used to reduce the development gap.
1. To establish the limitations of the DTM
2. To establish the causes of uneven development
3. To make recommendations as to which indicator should
be improved to bring the biggest improvements in
*PowerPoint presentation including hyperlinks
* Lesson plan
* A3 worksheet 'Strategies used to reduce the development gap'
* Home Team instruction sheet (laminate a class set of 8 for future use)
* Investigator instruction sheet (laminate a class set of 8 for future use)
* Overview of management strategies A4 worksheet
Lessons 7&8 of 21 from my new scheme of work on The Changing Economic World for the new AQA GCSE Geography. These lesson can also work as a stand alone lessons on strategies used to reduce the development gap.
This lesson requires students to make use of:
* The new AQA GCSE Hodder text book (Widdowson et al, 2016)
* Blank paper
* Old green ‘Understanding GCSE Geography for AQA specification A’ text books, to be used for additional research.
* Single-sided laminated copies of p.212-215 of the black Cambridge new GCSE text book- to be used as additional information for the investigator group.
Differentiated with tasks for higher and lower ability students.
Three progress checks have been incorporated into this lesson.
It's good to leave some feedback.
Something went wrong, please try again later.
This resource hasn't been reviewed yet
To ensure quality for our reviews, only customers who have purchased this resource can review it
Report this resourceto let us know if it violates our terms and conditions.
Our customer service team will review your report and will be in touch.