For students to understand what the North-South divide is and to know how the effects can be reduced.
1. To produce an annotated map of the UK describing characteristics of the North-South divide
2. To outline strategies that can be used to reduce the North-South divide
3. To collaboratively research transport developments in the UK
*PowerPoint presentation including hyperlinks
* Lesson plan
* North- South divide worksheet
Lesson 20 of 21 from my new scheme of work on The Changing Economic World for the new AQA GCSE Geography. Can easily work as a stand alone lesson.
This lesson requires students to make use of:
* The new AQA GCSE Hodder text book (Widdowson et al, 2016
* Four copied pages from the new, black Cambridge Geography GCSE for AQA student book, Kitchen et al (2016)
Differentiated with tasks for lower ability students.
Three progress checks have been incorporated into this lesson.
Homework task included
It's good to leave some feedback.
Something went wrong, please try again later.
This resource hasn't been reviewed yet
To ensure quality for our reviews, only customers who have purchased this resource can review it
Report this resourceto let us know if it violates our terms and conditions.
Our customer service team will review your report and will be in touch.