2.1.1 A: Impact of New and Emerging Technologies
2.1.1 B: Critical Evaluation of New and Emerging Technologies
This 34 page vibrantly illustrated pupil work book supports my teacher PowerPoint (available separately or as part of a bundle).
It covers the WJEC New specification for Design and Technology from 2017 and would generally covers a term of theory from September and October. The workbook has a range of activities from writing, matching, drawing etc. and is fully editable. It is suitable for Product Design, Fashion and Textiles and Engineering.
The first section covers the Core Knowledge and Understanding 2.1.1A
• The impact of new and emerging technologies on industry and enterprise:
• market pull;
• technology push;
• consumer choice.
• The Product Life Cycle. Introduction – researching, developing and then bringing a product to market; Growth – when sales are increasing; Maturity – sales are near their highest point; Decline – sales begin to fall.
• Global production and its effects on culture and people.
• Sustainability. Meeting today’s needs without compromising the needs of future generations. For example: the sourcing of materials, using sustainable resources, waste materials and CFCs.
• Legislation to which products are subject. BSI (British Standards Institute) and ISO (International Standards Organisation). Their general roles/purpose, ISO numbers, the BSI kite mark and why as consumers these are important when purchasing products.
• Consumer rights and protection for consumers when purchasing and using products. The basics of consumer rights, return policies, and the Trade Description Act.
• Moral and ethical factors related to manufacturing products and the sale and use of products. Considering the needs of others in less developed countries and issues related to child labour, fair wage for a day’s work, companies exploiting underdeveloped countries for profit.
• CAD/CAM the advantages and disadvantages of using Computer Aided Design (CAD) and Computer Aided Manufacture (CAM).
The last part of this workbook will help pupils critically evaluate the importance of new and emerging technologies (plus sustainability and environmental issues) when designing and making products.
There is also space at the back of the book for additional notes and also assessment on the back cover.
NOTE: The workbook is designed using the font “Century Gothic” and “Champion” and will be best viewed with these downloaded.
Get this resource as part of a bundle and save up to 67%
A bundle is a package of resources grouped together to teach a particular topic, or a series of lessons, in one place.
WHOLE THEORY YEAR! WJEC GCSE Design Technology New Spec - Pupil workbooks & presentations!
This is an EPIC bundle covering ALL of the Core and In-depth Knowledge for Fashion & Textiles and all of the Core knoweldge for Product Design and Engineering. It is worth £45.00 but am selling it for the bargain price of £15.00 for a limited time only!! It will cover a whole year of theory and some practical work too! It includes: CORE KNOWLEDGE 211 211A&B 34 page Pupil workbook 211A&B 46 slide Teacher presentation 211C&E 26 page Pupil workbook 211C&E 25 slide Teacher presentation 211D 14 page Pupil workbook 211D 4 slide Teacher Smart Colours presentation 211F Pupil handouts/activities/posters 211F 14 slide Teacher presentation INDEPTH KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS (F&T) 120 page pupil workbook covering 221A-J and 222A-D Y10 Timeplan See the resources individually or buy this bundle to save you a whole year worth of prep!
GCSE Design & Technology 211 A&B Emerging Technologies Whole Package Presentation & Workbook New Specification
Includes 46 slide teacher powerpoint presentation, 36 page pupil workbook and the Y10 timeplan of projects. Absolute bargain price! Covers both 2.1.1A and 2.1.1B units of the new DT specification from 2017. See the individual resources for a comprehensive list of contents.
It's good to leave some feedback.
Something went wrong, please try again later.
This resource hasn't been reviewed yet
To ensure quality for our reviews, only customers who have purchased this resource can review it
Report this resourceto let us know if it violates our terms and conditions.
Our customer service team will review your report and will be in touch.