Introduction to Percentages Starters and Worksheets
This is a series of interactive resources to deliver:
• 7 x Starters:
• A word cloud on fractions, decimals and percentages
• A word cloud maker input your own words
• An ‘estimate the %” interactive sheet.
• A change % to decimals ‘TETRIS’ style game
• 2 X Follow me cards maker on % of a quantity
• An Anagram maker that you can use the original words on fractions, decimals and percentages, type in your own words or use a list of random Maths words.
• Revision of place value
• Revision of multiplying and dividing whole numbers by powers of 10, 100, 1000
• Revision of multiplying and dividing decimals by powers of 10, 100, 1000
• What is a percentage interactive resource
• Percentages from diagrams questions
• 4 x Equivalent of percentage, decimal and fraction interactive resources
• 4 x Self-Marking Worksheets on percentages to decimals and decimals to percentages
• 2 x Example sheets on finding percentages of quantities
• 6 x Self-Marking Worksheets on finding percentages of quantities.
• 4 x Help Sheets: Interactive Tables Square, Double and Half helpers and number lines
3 x Printable workbooks on percentages
Each resource can be used as a self marking worksheet on a PC where each pupil have their own randomised questions and the computer ‘marks’ their work, recording it on a summary ‘homepage’ or they can be printed out and used as a class resource.
The resources are written using EXCEL 2013 and include VBA code to randomise questions and include countdown timers. Worksheets are formatted for printing on a single sheet of A4.
You will need to enable the macros for the resource to work properly.