GCSE lesson on conduction, convection and radiation (the 3 heat transfer processes).
Describe the processes of heat transfer in solids, fluids and vacuums.
Explain convection currents in detail.
Compare and contrast the three types of heat transfer.
1. Do Now: What is happening in the picture? Explain this process in terms of the energy of the particles
2. Exposition/Demonstration: Modelling the 3 types of heat transfer using a ball (students could write down their understanding of the 3 processes)
3. Mini-plenary: 'Back to back' activity, where students split into pairs, with one facing the front. This student has to describe what they see without using the 3 key words (conduction, convection or radiation)
4. Student Activity: Venn diagram for students to complete on conduction, convection and radiation, using words, diagrams etc. (helper sheet if needed)
5. Plenary: Exam style question about keeping a house warm
Option extension/extra activities included:
1. Table for students to complete on conduction, convection and radiation
2. Video questions (video on YouTube) for students to complete on conduction, convection and radiation
For more resources check out my shop:
If you liked this resource, please write a review! :)