"A Secret Adventure"
Original story written in order to teach good comprehension techniques for Year 3 SAT exams (UK curriculum). The story includes many tenses and grammatical elements which are brought alive by a small turtle's adventure on a school excursion to the zoo.
Can be used to highlight:
- Speech marks.
- Past tenses.
- Brackets / Parenthesis
- Synonyms (thrilled/excited/looking forward to.. etc.)
- 6 questions to be answered in full sentences.
- 11 sentences which the students must mark if true (This section teaches them to avoid marking information true if not fully mentioned in the text, for example, "Jack had toast for breakfast." - yet it is not mentioned what Jack ate for breakfast.)
- 2 questions of personal opinion.
Tried and tested with children between 6 and 10 years, worked well with all and proved to be great practice for those sitting their Year 3 SAT exams under the UK curriculum. I prepare all my own worksheets and I am meticulous about clarity and presentation. I hope your students enjoy the story if you choose to download.
Also, removing the question page would make it just a nice story to read to most ages up to 10.
This is a set of 5 different worksheets to thoroughly teach the modal verb SHOULD. The worksheets are very adaptable and can be used on different levels, to give an introduction to the use of SHOULD, or to revise in detail. The worksheets have been used with children as young as 7 and 8 and all the way up to KET and PET level for revision.
Worksheets are colour coded throughout to indicate every time the verb structure is used, therefore bringing attention to the grammar point.
Page 1 / First worksheet:
- grammar explanation
- clear examples demonstrated its use
Page 2 / Second worksheet:
- putting sentences in the correct order
- match with pictures
Page 3 / Third worksheet
- speaking activity in pairs
Page 4 / Fourth worksheet
- give advice to 4 different people who are in different situations. Kids really love this page as they can get really creative with their recommendations!
Page 5 / Fifth worksheet
A final revision sheet
- give recommendations
- match 2 halves of sentences