This resource is a reusable literacy mat with reminders and top tips for your pupils to use when proof reading their work. It could easily be printed double sided and laminated for continued use every lesson.
Some of the key areas of focus are:
- punctuation rules
- clear guidance on apostrophes
- homophone reminders
- connectives mat
- different sentence types
- spelling tips
Great to promote independence in the classroom.
Here are two very detailed lessons on Duffy's War Photographer including all resources required. These have been planned in line with new specification grading and mark schemes.
The lessons include:
- AO4 literacy focus
- Context, writer's methods and model analysis
- Clear and direct lesson objectives
- Varied activities to build student independence and resilience
- The resources and notes (under each slide)
- Engaging style and presentation
- Challenge and extension activities
This poster could be printer for a wall or use within students' books. It explores the journey between the reader and writer and the tools a writer may use for a deliberate effect on a reader. The poster is based on the skills of required for grade 5+ of the new specification English Language and English Literature exam.
Please note - The 'cover image' has been cropped.
This is a PPT of 5 lessons all fully resourced which give a clear and engaging introduction to the English Language Paper 1 (New Spec). The use of literary fiction texts, video and embedded literacy starters (to support with the 25% SPaG weighting of the Language paper), will support you students understanding and success with this exam.
- Example answers
- Paired / group activities
- Range of literacy starters
- Differentiated resources
- Fully focused on the AOs and mark scheme
- Practice exam question