I know you're busy, but I'd appreciate a review if you get a chance.
An example of a newspaper article - Boy, 11, survives deadly spider bite.
Ideal for Talk for Writing lessons.
- the text of a newspaper article
- a pupil worksheet containing an analysis of the language features
- a PowerPoint presentation of the text
- 8 ideas for how to use the text in lessons that will easily last a week
This example text can be used by pupils to:
- observe the features of newspaper articles
- rewrite the text using their own language or by borrowing phrases
- write a newspaper article in the style of the author
These texts are probably most suited to pupils in years 5 or above.