5 vocabulary builders recycling a wide range of useful phrases for essay writing + discourse markers, many of which are not useful found in textbooks.
My students find them extremely useful as they recycle the target language items many times over.
- A sentence builder with model sentences
- A Narrow reading texts set with a few tasks recycling the vocab in the sentence builder
- An oral translation board game with Answer key
- A worksheet to consolidate future plans key vocab and the simple future of key verbs
More A level revision quickies here:
For an free online self-marking version of these go to: www.language-gym.com/work-outs/.
STEP 1 - Select French
STEP 2 - Select Vocabulary
STEP 3 - Select Advanced level
Any feedback would be more than welcome
Scaffolding sheets to use in support of the following daily ILRs
- Register routine to elicit use of expressions indicating emotional states or feelings
- Small talk about what one did yesterday, last weekend, etc.
- Exit ticket routine at end of lesson : what are you going to do this eve, tomorrow, weekend, etc.
- Grumpy time routine (teacher ask questions and students must answer always in the negative usin different negative structures each time)
A pool of resources on family relationships which complement my online activities in the work-out section of www.language-gym.com. They include:
1. find someone who with cards (cards and grid)
2. highly structured communicative drills
3. narrow reading
4. vocab builder
I hope they are useful.
(1) 2-3 lessons worth of activities on daily routine and reflexive verbs. I have used it with my yr 8 topset in the past successfully. However, Yr 9s could use it, too.
(2) Hot Potato Quiz
(3) Reading comprehension
Wide range of activities on: adjectives, all tenses, connectives and other complex structures. Very popular with my students.For more verb practice you may want to use this free interactive webtool: www.language-gym.com. It's an online French verb conjugation trainer optimised for iPad and Google Chrome.