4 day Literacy planning themed around the Aldi advert 2017- Kevin the Carrot.
Kevin the carrot story
Sentence start prompts
Story map template
Handmade colouring sheets that can be made into puppets
Year 1 money maths lesson, includes:
* Area activities.
*SEN addition sheets.
* Money, numicon, value posters.
*Shopping item cards for the chn to pretend to purchase items.
*SMART notebook input.
Pokemon nonsense word game.
2 player game.
1. Roll the dice.
2. Move your counter that number of spaces.
3. Read the word you land on. If you get it right stay on the word. If you get it wrong go back to the space you were on.
4. First person to reach their Pokémon is the winner!
Year 1 homework.
*Autumn 2nd term homework overview plus additional sheets.
*Spring 1st term homework 2 variations plus additional sheets.
* Spring 2nd term homework.
* Summer term 1 homework.
Year 1 Science planning with resources.
* HA- Children to sort the animal pictures into a venn diagram.
* MA- Children to sort the animal cards with descriptions into the table.
* LA- Children to create a flip book by cutting along the dotted line and sticking the correct word and definition with those animals inside the flip book.
* Making area- Children to draw an example plate of food for each animal type.
* Writing area- Children to create an animal face using the templates: monkey, human, tiger etc and to attached a mouth with lines inside for children to write about the animal.
Year 1 Post Office Role Play Activities includes:
Design your own stamp
Post Office Word List
Letters for pigeon hole to stick on wall
Address envelopes to sort into order
Special Delivery Form
Car Tax Form
Passport Application Form
Driving Licence Application Form
Something for you form
Post Office receipt
I used these resources in Year 1 by setting up a crime scene in the classroom. I asked a family police officer to record a video, asking the children to help them with their investigation.
The children then recorded their observations and drew the scene using the Crime Scene Investigation and then completed the suspect sheet.
Also within this pack:
*Official Police Report- children to pretend they are working for the police to write up about the incident.
*Wanted poster template.
*How to Catch a Porridge Thief- Instructional text.
*Questions for Goldilocks.
I hope your children enjoy these resources as much as mine did!