This lesson pack was prepared for my Year 12 Biology class on the 10th March 2016. The lesson covers the key areas in Mitosis as required by the new specification and prepares the students for the eventual Formal Mitosis Practical they will be expected to do in their practical workbooks.
The lesson was formally observed by two members of staff (as a joint observation) and the lesson's key strengths as said by the observers (using this lesson pack) were:
1. There was intense learning in the lesson.
2. Differentiation was very advanced and made every segment of the lesson personalised to all students in the class.
3. Stretch and challenge was appropriate for all students.
4. Progress was demonstrated by all students at the end of the lesson.
5. Socratic questioning was highly embedded in the lesson.