1. A PowerPoint presentation covering key aspects of the 'Human Growth and Development' module of the WJEC specification. I use it as revision prior to the exam.
2. A set of flash cards for the life stages and milestones for physical development up to sixteen years old (glue and fold down the middle then cut out)
3. A summary of growth and development through the life stages - I get the pupils to highlight and mind map the key information as a revision exercise
Resources for a lesson on growth charts. Includes a PowerPoint presentation explaining how they work, a worksheet and an information sheet. Could be used for either GCSE Child Development or Health and Social Care
PowerPoint presentation, blank timeline and images for pupils to create a timeline for the milestones of physical development.
I use the Pamela Minett textbook for the actual milestones. There is not enough room for pupils to write the whole milestone so I get them to highlight key words and summarise the milestone in 20 words or less around the image.
A PowerPoint presentation and worksheets on stages and types of play.
Unfortunately the video clip is in an unsupported format but any youtube clip showing children doing different activities that pupils could identify as a type of play would be suitable
Flash cards on stages of play
A set of resources introducing the different types of care needs and activities on care needs supporting the babies and children client group.
1. PowerPoint presentation introducing care needs and focusing on the care needs of babies and children
2. Planning sheet for the main task (care needs of babies and children)
3. Task sheet with assessment criteria
4. Starter activity on healthcare professionals
5. Skeleton based on the PowerPoint
A research diary to support the WJEC Child Development Unit 2 Child Study. Includes writing frames, sentences starters and word banks to support learners.
The preview with omitted pages doesn't show the level of support so I have saved a few of the pages as separate documents. All pages are in the research diary.
1. A PowerPoint presentation designed for use with WJEC GCSE Health and Social Care course. This lesson introduces the concepts of growth and development. It looks at what causes growth and introduces PIES.
2. Worksheet for use with the PowerPoint
3. Dominoes to check understanding
4. Development sort activity (PIES)
A set of resources covering the topic as follows:
1. Disability introduction: PowerPoint with starter, lesson objectives, explanation of disability, causes of disability and plenary activity. I use this alongside the disability table (attached), which I get pupils to fill in using the WJEC GCSE Child Development text book.
2. PowerPoint on down syndrome. Pupils are given a copy of the main picture, which they annotate whilst going through the presentation (prompts on PPT)
3. Effects on the family: PowerPoint examining the effects of having a child with a disability on the family. Encourages discussion. I created this to be used with the case studies (attached)
4. Disability Q&A - Questions to test pupils knowledge. I cut them up and gave each pupil a question. The class then speed-dated using their questions, after collecting them back in we did a quiz. This worked well as a revision exercise.
All based on covering the WJEC specification
Photoshop Tutorial for creating the 'Tidawave' logo, this was created using Photoshop version CS6. Pupils will need the two image files 'wave' and 'palm-trees' to complete the tutorial. Includes using layers, adding text, effects and adding layer masks. Tutorial contains screen grabs. I use with year 9 as part of my Brand Identity project.
Tutorial for creating a basic logo in Adobe Illustrator. The tutorial was created in CS6 and includes screen grabs. Covered in the tutorial are; drawing basic shapes using the pen tool, adding text on a path (around a circle) and using the colour palette