A set of resources covering a lesson on degenerative diseases. Includes:
1. PowerPoint presentation with lesson objectives, starter and plenary activities
2. Information sheets on dementia and osteoporosis
3. Worksheets based on the information sheets (require pupils to summarise the information around a skeleton framework)
4. Freely available video clip - have included as I've lost the original link
5. 5 question challenge
*You will need the Folens GCSE Health and Social Care text book for pupils to complete the questions
A set of resources including:
A PowerPoint presentation about PIES changes that occur in older adulthood, and why this client group uses health and social services. Includes starter and plenary activities
A second PowerPoint with starter and plenary
A case study with questions
A set of questions on PIES development in older adulthood (questions are based on the Folens GCSE text book)
A PowerPoint presentation introducing factors affecting growth and development, includes starter, plenary and poster task with key words. Also includes a homework task with graded success criteria linked to coursework grade descriptors
A whole lesson set of resources on inherited conditions focusing on down syndrome, Huntington's chorea and cystic fibrosis. Includes:
PowerPoint presentation with starter, objectives and plenary
Worksheet based on presentation
Video clips used in PowerPoint
A set of resources covering the topic as follows:
1. Disability introduction: PowerPoint with starter, lesson objectives, explanation of disability, causes of disability and plenary activity. I use this alongside the disability table (attached), which I get pupils to fill in using the WJEC GCSE Child Development text book.
2. PowerPoint on down syndrome. Pupils are given a copy of the main picture, which they annotate whilst going through the presentation (prompts on PPT)
3. Effects on the family: PowerPoint examining the effects of having a child with a disability on the family. Encourages discussion. I created this to be used with the case studies (attached)
4. Disability Q&A - Questions to test pupils knowledge. I cut them up and gave each pupil a question. The class then speed-dated using their questions, after collecting them back in we did a quiz. This worked well as a revision exercise.
All based on covering the WJEC specification
A lesson covering growth and development in adolescence. Includes:
1. PowerPoint with starter, objectives and plenary
2. Worksheet (pupils will need the Folens GCSE Health and Social Care text book to complete)
A worksheet and PowerPoint presentation with lesson objectives and plenary activity. The worksheet is based on the Folens GCSE Health and Social Care student book and pupils will need this to complete the worksheet.
A set of resources on the development of social skills. The worksheet is based on the Pamela Minett Child Care and Development text book and pupils will need this to complete it. Also included are a brief PowerPoint presentation with lesson objectives, starter and plenary activities, and a set of social development cards. I get pupils to cut these out and make poster explaining why each kill is important and how parents and carers can support the development of the skill. Usually takes between one and two lessons
A set of resources introducing the different types of care needs and activities on care needs supporting the babies and children client group.
1. PowerPoint presentation introducing care needs and focusing on the care needs of babies and children
2. Planning sheet for the main task (care needs of babies and children)
3. Task sheet with assessment criteria
4. Starter activity on healthcare professionals
5. Skeleton based on the PowerPoint
A set of resource covering a whole lesson. Includes:
1. PowerPoint presentation explaining the pyramid, with starter and plenary activities
2. Maslow's need statements - activity using a printed copy of the pyramid from the PowerPoint. Pupils are to match the statements to the correct layer.
3. Case study - activity including questions
Maslow's needs - worksheet where pupils identify their specific needs. Also looks at the difference between a need and a preference
Photoshop Tutorial for creating the 'Tidawave' logo, this was created using Photoshop version CS6. Pupils will need the two image files 'wave' and 'palm-trees' to complete the tutorial. Includes using layers, adding text, effects and adding layer masks. Tutorial contains screen grabs. I use with year 9 as part of my Brand Identity project.