Critical Thinking Game: Detective Dan and The Musicians of Abbey Road is based on the same idea as "The Einstein Intelligence Quiz". Gather information from clues and compile the information into the answer grid to show (in this particular mystery) 5 musicians names, what instruments they play, what pets they own, what nationality they are and what their hobbies are.
This activity stretches the brain to take into consideration many factors, some clues being a little cryptic...It takes some thinking to work it all out.
Included with the PPT activity is the printable PDF worksheet for the students to compile their information and write their answers on to.
The lesson covers many areas of learning incorporating some flag knowledge of the 5 countries involved, nationalities, genres of music (in the characters names), instruments, animals, reading, comprehension, prepositions, critical thinking, problem solving and much more...It's super fun.
• Vocabulary -
Characters - Jazzy Jeff, Bluesy Bill, Salsa Sally, Hip-Hop Henry and Rockin' Ray
• Nationalities - American, Spanish, Australian, English and French
• Hobbies - Basketball, Reading, Riding Bikes, Photography and Tennis
• Instruments - Guitar, Drums, Saxophone, Piano and Voice (singing)
Pets - Dog, Snake, Mouse, Cat and a Goldfish.
Some example questions:
• -The pet living at Number 3 is a cat, the person living next door to the cat comes from England.
• Bluesy Bill lives in a house that is in between a singer and a person with a dog.
• Bluesy Bill comes from this country (see flag picture) but his neighbor only speaks Spanish.
• The Saxophonists neighbor lives at Number 3.
and so on ...
To see a screen recorded video of this game in action see the video here https://youtu.be/ogL4Fdk7Jwk?list=PLP_xsoFOetKjXGwPG2ZjmJDClSD2nXGVk
This PPT was created on Microsoft Office 2013. If you are worried about the compatibility of your Microsoft Office version, you can download the official Free PowerPoint Viewer