Updated July 2018 Additional question types added to reflect the style of questions from OCR 2018 AS and A level papers, as well as a wider variety of multiple choice questions, and turned in to write in booklet for ease of marking. Free mark scheme for all questions also available.
A booklet including practice questions and explanations for how to address the mathematical components for the new A level specifications. This could be set for students as homework or independent study totaling approximately 8-10 hours worth of work. Answers included in a separate document.
• Rounding (Decimal places and Significant figures), Standard Form and Estimation
• Ratio, Fractions & Percentages
• Substitution into equations
• Presenting data (bar graphs, histograms, line graphs, pie charts, scattergraphs)
• Averages (measures of central tendency)
• Range, variance & standard deviation (measures of dispersion)
• Normal and Skewed distribution
• Levels of measurement (nominal, ordinal, interval)
• Criteria for using a parametric test
• Criteria for selecting specific non-parametric tests (Mann Whitney U, Wilcoxon Signed Ranks, Chi-square, Binomial Sign test, Spearman’s Rho)
• Probability and Significance
• Type I and Type II errors.