An activity that is great fun and gets the children moving around the room and working together in maths.
The Oldest Watch in the World had been taken from Jenny the Jeweller - the people of Timesville are very observant and excellent time keepers. Can you use their clues to crack the code?
Word problems (large print to be stuck around the room)
A teacher guide with top tips and the answer.
A code cracking machine, required once the children have answered all 10 questions.
Great fun for end of unit/term. Can be easily adapted to be harder or easier.
Full Script, Powerpoint and Music Files - easy to adapt.
Suitable for whole school production, or smaller. Y6 speaking parts and Y1-6 group dances.
It is the Last Night of the Pons - A variety show in London which celebrates the talents on display at a certain Primary School, and the retiring Principal’s 22 years. The Royal Family are meant to be attending, but there is a hold up and SLT end up standing in. Will the show be a success? Will the fake Royal Family be discovered? Find out on the night!
Pons came from school name (Ponsonby), but title can be changed - it is a Royal Variety Show format. Performed in Auckland and well-reviewed by parents. I am from the UK and wrote the script for our end of year production.
Can provide support with any editing and provide music files separately - contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Really enjoyable, and light-hearted.
This assembly resource was used for my Year 6 Leavers’ assembly.
- a powerpoint template with room to insert photos and memories specific to your class. The powerpoint links to the script - very closely based on the film! But specific to Year 6 embarking on their SATs journey. Teachers are the baddies (Bergens) Students are the goodies (trolls). True Colours song to be sung by children as images of your class are shared with parents on ppt.
- song lyrics
- music links to YouTube on separate ppt.
- full script (30 mins run time) - 15 children can have 1/2 lines each, or 30 children could have 1 shorter line each
- stop motion animation that links to first narrated scene of script (embedded in powerpoint)
- moments section for other children to talk about their memories of the year (15 children could do this and 15 perform the script - all children to join in with song and dance numbers)
- certificate template to present during assembly
Following the talk for writing process, this unit of work was used to deliver narrative writing.
All resources, daily slides and a teacher overview are also included.
Please review for further packs - persuasive and procedural untis available
Combine a revision of polygons with finding the perimeter, and use this creative hide and seek maths activity.
Hide 2D polygons around the room (add irregular shapes for a little challenge) hand children this table and a clipboard, and away they go!
Great as a pair activity or individuals as a small group. Who can find the most shapes? Who can find the largest perimeter?