Elements of Music and Our Music Scheme of Work with accompanying student workbook and Powerpoints for each lesson. All listening examples included. Scheme makes reference to NC aims and objectives (KS3), as well as literacy, numeracy, SMSC/citizenship links. Extension/challenge opportunities provided.
Originally designed for EAL classes with very little English, but can also be used for KS2, lower ability KS3 classes or KS3 cover work.
Covered in this scheme:
- the elements of music vocabulary (tempo, pitch, timbre, silence, dynamics)
- Introduction to Musical Instruments of the orchestra
- listening exercises based on different musical instruments and elements of music (ranging from Stravinsky to Ed Sheeran)
- basic introduction to graphic score and its function
- researching and preparing a presentation on pupils’ own music from their culture/country
- performance of music from pupils’ own culture/country
- development of written and verbal literacy skills
- opportunities for self assessment