High quality lesson by Barclayfox for the first time you ever meet a class - complete lesson, ready to deliver. The most important lesson you will ever give each new class.
Complete lesson, ready to use, you only need to spend a few minutes creating a 'who am I' slide (a template for this slide is included inside the lesson powerpoint).
Key Stages: KS3 and KS4 and KS5. (You could even use it with KS2).
ALL subjects: You can use it with your tutor group too !
Use this lesson to :
Reduce the stress and pressure.
Improve your experience of the first ever lesson with a class.
Improve your learners experience of their first ever lesson with you.
The first lesson with a new class is the most important lesson you will ever teach. This is a truly critical lesson. It has been used and improved a huge number of times over many years.
During the lesson you will:
* Sort out the seating plan.
* Learn names.
* Introduce yourself to the students.
* Start to discover which students will (e.g. follow instructions, write, spell correctly) and which are reticent/less skilled.
* Set and agree class rules.
* Rewards - find out which rewards the learners care enough about to try and get.
* Set expectations of behaviour and ensure students recognise your authority as the teacher.
* Help learners understand why work ethic is so important.
* Learn about individual learners needs.
* Learn about their individual likes (important in building relationships)
* Learn about their individual dislikes (important in building relationships)
* Start to build those relationships.
* Start to coach / motivate the students about learning.
This is an excellent lesson - I use it repeatedly with every new class from KS3 to KS5. Whether you are a new teach or a very experienced one this is a small investment for a great lesson to improve your experience and outcomes when you meet a class for the very first time.
Please type Barclayfox into the TES search engine to see all my other complete and ready to deliver lessons.
Happy teaching !
first lesson, ice breaker, icebreaker, first time meet, complete first lesson, first secondary lesson, first maths lesson, first English lesson, first science lesson, first French lesson, first history lesson, first geography lesson, first tutor group lesson, introduction, classroom expectations, setting standards, start up lesson, new class introduction, meeting your new class for the first time, new teacher, my new class, back to school, meet the teacher, B4L, behaviour for learning, behavior for learning, behaviour management, behavior management, setting expectations, class rules, transition, all about me.