This 22 slide assembly explores the dangers of a sedentary lifestyle, how much exercise we need and the long term benefits of physical activity. With childhood obesity on the increase, this assembly tackles inactivity and gives students all of the information they need to make better informed life decisions about their health and ell-being.
The assembly covers the following:
- Definition and explanation of sedentary lifestyle
- Are you sitting too much? video
- Key statistics
- What do we mean by physical activity?
- Covers positive impacts that physical activity has on health and well-being (including: weight, reduces disease and cancer, benefits for brain and mental health, etc.)
- How much exercise we need
- Personal Reflection questions
- Tutor Time Task following on from Assembly
Please also visit my TES Assembly Store where over 100 assemblies are available on a huge range of topics.