This unit has been designed written for the Key Stage 1 Computing Curriculum, looking at the following NC objectives:
- Understand what algorithms are; how they are implemented as programs on digital devices; and that programs execute by following precise and unambiguous instructions.
- Create and debug simple programs
- Use logical reasoning to predict the behaviour of simple programs
There is a sequence of 9 lessons, that progressively build on skills learnt on the app. The sequence of lessons pushes, from lesson 6 to 8, on the Key Stage 2 curriculum and would be suitable for teaching in Year 3.
There are 9 lessons in the unit, on the following topics:
- Lesson 1- Scratch Jr Unplugged
- Lesson 2- Scratch Jr Tinkering
- Lesson 3- Movement Introduction
- Lesson 4- Movement application
- Lesson 5- Scenes
- Lesson 6- Action Blocks
- Lesson 7- Timing
- Lesson 8- Adding Controls
- Lesson 9- Project application/ assessment
These resources have been made by our ICT Education Specialist, who is a qualified Primary School Teacher, for her work when delivering computing in schools. We work with schools all over the East Midlands, teaching, supporting writing the computing curriculum and delivering affordable CPD sessions for teachers.