Urban Problems and solutions: The Case Study of London
A detailed case study of a range of urban problems in London, and the attempted solutions.
- High Income Country (UK)- LONDON-
- Congestion- causes, impacts and solutions
- Urban decline and Redevelopment- East End decline and regeneration through Canary Wharf and Olympic Park.
- Decentralisation of retailing- The Bluewater Shopping Centre
This resource is broken down into sections if you prefer to purchase separately:
- Congestion in London
- Urban decline and regeneration in the East End of London
- Decentralisation of retail (Out of Town shopping centre)
- Word document worksheets that includes activities that introduce key terminology, helps students to identify a range of urban problems/solutions, 3 distinct case study sheets focused on congestion, urban decline and regeneration and out of town shopping centres.
- The word documents total 3 pages. The word documents are provided in colour and grayscale.
- This worksheets are also provided as a PDF.
- A PowerPoint version of diagrams and answers
- The PowerPoint is 16 slides
Other settlement geography resources:
Settlement Patterns, Site and Function
Settlement Hierarchies and Services
Urban Land Use (Models)
Urban Problems and Solutions megapack
Congestion in London
Urban decline and regeneration in the East End of London
Decentralisation of retail (Out of Town shopping centre)
Urban Sprawl in Kuala Lumpur
Rapid Urban Growth and Slums in Mumbai