This resource contains the third set in a series of 4 sets of resources designed to consolidate some of work undertaken in the White Rose Maths Scheme small steps Year 6 programme. The theme for this investigation resource is the 2018 Football World Cup. It is intended to be used in week 10 of the Summer Term.
The resource contains worksheets and activities on the following Year 6 National Curriculum Objectives
- Read, write, order and compare numbers up to 10000 000 and determine the value of each digit
- Solve four operation multi-step problems in contexts, deciding which operations and methods to use
- Convert between standard units of time
- Convert between standard units of length
- Draw 2-D shapes using given dimensions
Worksheets and Activities
- Tasks on a number of time and number World Cup themed time and number problems.
- Cost of World Cup match tickets and investigating the best deals.
- Investigation into the driving and flying distances and times to travel to Moscow.
- Investigation of the dimensions of football pitches - perimeter and area, length of diagonal, drawing to scale.
- World Cup players goal statistics comparison card game.</p>
Thinking of publishing your own resources or already an author and want to improve your resources and sales? Check out this step-by-step guide.
To be kept informed of new resources click here and follow.